07 April 2006

Moving On

This week I have spent four days at home unwell. At first I thought it was just a cold but felt so unwell I spent most of the time in bed. Today I am feeling much better but after doing one or two things I feel washed out, it will take a few days to regain my strength. I was so stressed and tired at the end of last week I feel it has been my body’s way of saying ‘stop’.

It has been good to rest and reflect on what is important in one’s life – no conclusions yet but I know I must seriously think about moving to a smaller house, mainly due to finances and the fact that when my son leaves in18 months time I do not need to be living in a four bedroomed house. It is very difficult to let go, this is the house where I brought up my children, four dogs spent their time with us here. We have always had room for lots of visitors to come and stay, the size of the house was a blessing when my children were teenagers, they could play their loud music in one part of the house and not be heard in the other part. The house is Victorian built in 1888 and an end terrace, one of many of the same design for that period, long and narrow, over three floors. It’s not the biggest of the type but not the smallest either.

It will a challenge for me to move to a smaller place, what do you get rid of? Where will I put the piano? What about all my books? I have always had lots of hobbies and have collected sewing materials, yarns, etc and would hate to get rid of it all – I have a vision of being retired with lots of time for all the hobbies I have never had time to do (due to having to work so many hours) – I wonder if it will happen?

Maybe a miracle will happen and I can afford to stay here, at least if it did I would have the choice which I don’t have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.