18 January 2009

Monochrome Monday

I couldn't resist taking a photograph of these tyres all piled up thinking they would make a good monochrome photograph. Hope you agree.


Aileni from Loose Ends is the host of Monochrome Mondays do visit to see other participants and some wonderful photographs.

19 comments:

  1. The piled up tyres are making the photo so wonderful. I never knew wasted tyres were so beautiful ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:15 pm

    Classic images abound today - it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tires look intertwined. Great shot, fantastic mono.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know if you didn's what it was I would of thought it was a badly weaved basket, up close. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This could be modern art ..... perhaps worth a Turner Prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely agree. They almost end up looking like a woven basket. If you hadn't said they were tires, I'm not sure I would have known. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! In some places (mainly at the bottom) there seems to be a pattern in how the tires were piled on each other, and yet there are many different tire treads. At the top there's more of a jumble. I really like this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a timeless study in texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who knew tires could be so interesting? Look at the different patterns on them. What a cool find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Fabulous pattern here!! Outstanding image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nifty. And there is a pattern there, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is cool beyond cool !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:09 am

    That lighter tire at the top of the heap makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree! What a good monochrome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These tyres are skillfully piled up. They make a great composition! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. At first glance I thought this was a macro of a wicker basket. Interesting that someone took the time to stack them like this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, platted tyres! How clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thereis skill in building a wall of things even tyres

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! It looks like woven basket-work, and the different treads make a great variation of pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.