31 January 2010

Big Garden Bird Watch

Today it was the Big Garden Birdwatch organised by the RSPB. Each year the RSPB encourage people to count the number of birds visiting the garden for an hour over the last weekend of January.  I have taken part for the past few years.  What makes it sad this year is there were so few birds visiting my garden, the numbers have declined since we had all the snow and cold weather.  It may be that more people are feeding birds in the cold weather, I hope that is the case.
 

I have entered my numbers on the RSPB site, it will be interesting to see the overall results in a couple of months.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful. Nice capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little I remember my Granny chasing Starlings from her garden! They were so common they were thought of as pests. I never see them in gardens any more, just supermarket car parks! At least you have some still :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.