06 September 2010

That’s My World

The following photographs were taken when the filming in the town of Shepton Mallet reached the 1950’s:
Segisons webSergison’s is now a supermarket.
IMG_9094_web
The bakers has become a milk bar

IMG_9083_webThis shop which has so far been a butcher’s shop is now a general store.
IMG_9087_web 
IMG_9089_webPreviously this shop was a toy shop and a hardware store, it has now become a hairdressers.
myworldbanner
That's My World! is hosted each week by the My World Team - Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy and Sylvia. Do visit the My World site here to join in the fun.

10 comments:

  1. Amazing the changes that can take place, isn't it? Terrific captures! Must be a fun look back! Hope you have a great week! Thanks as always for your visit/comment, always appreciated!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how we evolve a space from toy store to beauty parlor. I enjoyed taking a trip to the past and am reminded that buildings like people have different stages.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed this sequence so much. I was born in 1957 so now it's getting into a decade which includes the early part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Its amazing how they can transform these into the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must have been so much fun to watch the town changing through the decades!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Blast from the Past.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Almost like a period movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:13 am

    How lucky you are, to be able to record and see these beautiful old buildings being recreated.....
    I love the old white van, beware white van man...:/ :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.