I have decided to join
Julie Kirk’s My Month in Numbers - here is my first attempt:
- 774 photographs taken
- 6 birthday cards sent - lots of birthdays in June!
- 1 good deed - a neighbour dropped their dog lead so I took it to him - it was strange knocking on the door at 7.45 am.
- 52 - the number of greyhounds walking on the cold windy (well it is summer!) beach for the Great British Greyhound Walk, it was so cold most of the greyhounds were wearing coats - we walked with the rescue that Tara came from Greyhound Rescue West of England.


- 2638 - the total number of greyhounds nationwide that took part in the walk.
- 90 dog walks - 3 times a day and sometimes an extra one.
- 2 weeks off work with concussion - I did go into work 2 days after the injury - I sat down at the computer to type and my brain would not connect to my fingers (I touch type), I just could not compute (no pun intended) what was written with how to type, I was also extremely dizzy and felt like I was floating somewhere. My colleagues decided I needed to go to hospital to be checked, I didn’t object so I must have felt ill. At the hospital I couldn’t walk in a straight line or remember when I was born so I was sent home with painkillers. I went to my doctor a few days later who signed me off work. I am still feeling dizzy if I spend too much time in front of the computer and at times my brain still becomes disconnected. Not an experience I want to repeat.
Thanks for the insight into the world of greyhounds - the numbers are fascinating.
ReplyDeleteRinda
ps hoping for continued healing.