30 September 2013

My Month in Numbers - September




It’s time once again for My Month in Numbers a great idea by Julie Kirk of Notes on Paper.

First the communal count:



a.  My first school was St Saviours in Bristol, it was a church school attached to St Saviours Church, sadly it is no longer a church having been sold off in 2000 and the church turned into flats.  According to Google it takes 12 minutes to walk from my then home to the school, I suspect it took longer on our little legs and with a long hill to climb up.  I can remember the walks to school and stopping to get shopping on the way home. 

I now live 23.2 miles from where the school was.


It was difficult to get a photo of the church as it is very close to the pathway and on a busy road.

 I cannot find any information on the school but I expect it closed many years before that as there were only 3 classes. I enjoyed the research looking back to where I lived.  I went back to see the area in 2007, of course it looked very different to when I was 6 years old. This is me stood outside the school where the school door was. 

 I remember going to church services on special days and getting the rest of the day off! 

http://www.churchcrawler.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bristol2/saviour.htm

b.  Now onto the milk.  I get my milk delivered due to my back problem and not being able to get out at times, I pay 87p per litre which is more than the supermarkets but it is worth it to me at those times.  I can manage on 5 litres a week except when I have visitors then I have to buy more which I do get at the supermarket.  This month my son has been here so we got through approximately 30 litres this month, I say approximately because the delivered milk is in litres and the supermarket milk is in pints.

So what other numbers have featured this month? 

I drove 56 miles to rescue my son who had locked his keys in the boot of his car, he had to wait as I had just cooked my dinner and was not about to abandon it! I took the dog with me on the trip and then we took her for a walk along the sea front (he was in Clevedon) in the dark and the tide was in - I have never, ever seen the tide in at Clevedon, as it was dark I didn’t really see much but the water was there.  I even took a photo, camera propped up on the wall - 


I am glad they left the lights on for me, its a pity they don’t light up the pier, it starts where the lights end.

We walked for 3 hours while looking for 97 clues in the Treasure Hunt - see previous post.

Another 3 hours was spent in Bath with Tara collecting for the charity she came from - GWRE, it was good chatting to people and meeting lots of children.  Tara is very calm and good with children which is why she is a good candidate to go collecting.  After 3 hours Tara was ready to go to sleep so that was our limit. Greyhounds do not stay vertical for long! 
She is wearing a coat that says 'Meet Me'

Falling asleep on my foot.






5 comments:

  1. fascinating! Love the creative thinking of memes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed visiting and reading your numbers :) I really like your school photos and your night time shot too! I can't believe how cheap milk is in your part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you created your month in numbers. I need to work on mine soon.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are some great numbers - and I just fell for TARA - she looks such a sweetie! J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a bit of a confusion over the pints vs litres thing too! All month I was blithely going along thinking all the little bottles I was dropping into the recycling - then crossing off on my tallychart - were PINTS ... then later realised they were 500ml ... which really through my statistics out!

    You're the second person paying 87p though ... maybe you live near one another!

    The photos of your school are lovely [mine was demolished a few years back but was never as pretty as yours anyway!] I'm just wondering how you fared on the hill on the way *down* ... I bet that was fun on frosty winter days!

    You're on the board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

    Happy October!

    Julie :-)

    p.s: The questions for the 4th 'Communal Count' are now up on my blog if you'd like to contribute again

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.