Saturday I discovered 'The Road to Nowhere', my sister and I attended a Geocache meet in Yate and as we do looked for a few geocaches while there. The road was partially built in 1974 was was never completed due to Yate becoming part of the new county of Avon. As the dual carriageway would require a bridge over the railway the funding for the road was stopped and was never completed.
There were lots of people walking dogs (not always keeping control of them), unfortunately it seems people in this area do not pick up after their dogs and there was a lot of mess around. I feel lucky I live in an area where most people do clean up after their dogs. It did rather spoil it as it was a good dog walking area away from the mud.


Well I have learnt something new today now. I have never heard of that road!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about this road. Interesting!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you about the mess, if you have a dog pick up. Happy new year x
ReplyDelete