24 November 2005

Update

I have not been able to blog for a while, as I have been unwell. I suffer from a condition called adhesive capsulitis or frozen shoulder which causes loss of motion and severe pain. The cause of it is unknown; I have been suffering for about 18 months now. Luckily with physiotherapy I now have the movement back but am still suffering considerable pain. Writing causes a great deal of pain so that I do not seem to be able to write at all now, I can manage about half a page then the pain starts and I have to stop. I had this flare up due to being asked to take minutes for a meeting at work, it was known I had this problem but to “prove” I couldn’t write I was asked to try, which I did, not realising the severe pain it would cause. I thought I would be in pain for a few days but it turned into 2½ weeks of pain. I am now recovering and have been able to go back to work (clutching my note from the Dr to say I should not minute meetings).

Now I have a heavy cold and cough so I am still feeling sorry for myself, I rarely get colds so it is a shock to my system when I get one.

Photography is going well, I am just about ready to hand it the first assignment on photogrammes. I will post my best one when I get around to scanning it.

I went to Birmingham for the first time on Saturday, travelling in thick fog all the way so could not see any of the countryside. The train went alongside the River Severn (I think) which would have been pretty to see. The fog had cleared by the time we reached Birmingham so I was able to take photos, which I hope to develop soon.

I have the next couple of days off – what bliss, although I enjoy my job I do wish I didn’t have to work full time as there are so many other things I would like to be doing – like photography and music. Our tutor was saying how wonderful the light had been recently for taking photos, I would love to be able to get out when I want but its just getting light when I go to work and dark when I come home.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:20 pm

    That sounds very painful, and everything feels worse on top of a bad cold.

    Hope you're feeling better soon.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love your photographs - they're beautiful.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Daisy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anne and Daisy for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.