06 December 2005

Concert

The concert went really well. We had a three hour rehearsal in a cold church in the afternoon, then the concert in the evening. The Karl Jenkins was very complex in places and the fact that the score didn’t match our parts didn’t help much, but I managed to play it all and have such a feeling of achievement. I enjoyed playing Haydn’s Nelson Mass, it was not too difficult and I was able to play my son’s D trumpet which is a lovely instrument to play. We did not have a lot of time to rehearse the Haydn but it was not difficult to play. I really enjoyed being in the world of the professional musician and feel privileged that I have been able to experience it.

1 comment:

  1. Good news, glad it went well! What a lovely thing to be able to play an instrument.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.