This past week at work has been a very stressful one, not because of the amount of work I have (which is ongoing and never ending) but because of the way a colleague has been treated. This had repercussions on all of us (the team of secretaries) and caused a great amount of sadness and anxiety. We have been upset and concerned about our colleague and ended the week all feeling discontented with our jobs.
Work is very much a part of one’s life and the majority of one’s day is spent at work so that when episodes like this happen it affects the rest of your day to day life. I ended the week feeling numb and of course a major headache to accompany my feelings.
I am not looking forward to work tomorrow but morning will come and I will go through the routine of getting up, breakfast, getting ready to leave, driving to work and I will arrive to face another day.
I do hope this week has been better.
ReplyDeleteThank you Mary, we are all coping, our colleague has not returned yet but we are hoping it won't be long now. I am not sure things will ever be the same again, but some semblance of normality will return at some point.
ReplyDelete