23 June 2006

My Views - Going home

After seeing Sonia's landscapes on her blog 'Leaves of Grass' - views of her journey home and the beautiful views on Alice's blog, I decided not to rush home from work today and go via the country lanes and take some photographs. Driving down the lanes instead of the main road was a less stressful drive.







3 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like an English country lane. I'm pleased you've been inspired to travel a different way home from work.

    Several years ago I drove a colleague to and from work for a week. For ever afterwards she told people that for the whole week we never went the same way twice. She was probably right, too. I liked to vary my route and, fortunately, Canberra is an easy city to drive in.

    Food for thought --- A long distance truck driver often used to take his retired father on the road with him. He asked him one day, "How come you're always so excited to come with me when I go to work?" The father replied, "When you get in the truck you just think you are going to work, but when I get in the truck I think I'm going for a ride in the country." It's all a matter of perspective.

    Lovely photos of beautiful England, Starnitesky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm the first time on your blog and I like your photos from Britain very much. We are Britain fans and come each year to see gardens and landscape, bookshops and potteries!

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice
    thank you for your comments, I like the view of the truck driver.

    Sigrun
    I,m glad you like the photos, I will keep posting more for you to see.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.