11 March 2007

Spring is coming!

The weather has been fine this weekend, after rain every weekend for weeks. This afternoon I enjoyed an outing with my sister and aunt to a garden centre near Cheddar, its a beautiful setting just below the Mendip Hills.


There many different garden ornaments:

I love this rabbit!


Afterwards we visited Cheddar, famous for Cheddar cheese, the Gorge and caves, Cheddar's most distinguishing feature is the natural phenomenon of Britain's largest gorge, while The Cheddar Yeo in Gough's Cave is Britain's biggest underground river, and the Gorge Cliffs are Britain's highest inland limestone cliffs.

The river that originally created the gorge.





There is a wonderful shop in Cheddar called "The Gorge Bear Company" its full of bears of all shapes and sizes, there are so many to choose from. See their website if you love bears.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.