25 March 2007

Lytes Cary

Visited Lytes Cary Manor this afternoon, this is a small manor house, once the home of medieval herbalist Henry Lyte, he created a botanic garden but unfortunately there is now no trace of the garden. The Manor house was built by the Lyte family who owned the property for 500 years from the 13th to the 18th century.


Spring flowers under the trees


There is a small cafe where we were able to enjoy a cup of tea and cake, there are also plants for sale but I didn't get tempted this time.



Rounded topiary yews leading from the front door,
these yews stand tall looking like guards .

We went on the riverside walk, although the weather was dull it did stay dry.
I took quite a few photos but it was not ideal being so dull.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.