14 April 2008

Odd Shot


I saw this yesterday and decided it had to be a candidate for Katney's Odd Shots meme, these are newly planted trees which are being held down by large rocks, some of the other trees were tied to mature trees, it did look funny but very practical.



I am using draft blogger to post this so I hope it appears at the right time!

17 comments:

  1. Funny photo--do you think they were worried the new trees might get up and walk away if they weren't tied down??
    Thanks for visiting my blog; you have great photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:36 pm

    An odd shot really :)

    Greetings from Istanbul,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and posting :) Thas IS quite an odd shot.

    Oh, what is your first favorite pooch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really odd! I've never seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope those trees don't try to run off!!!! LOL Very funny odd shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really odd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:24 pm

    Great shot... I think they do that so the tree will grow straight. They sure didn't mess around with the size of those rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is kind of odd! Great post for this Odd Shot Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like the trees are taking the rocks on a walk, or the other way around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good odd shot. Gosh you're brave using draft blogger, I haven't read all about it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, intelligent photograph, very good Odd shots post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It helps them to grow straight instead of leaning over in a high wind or gullywasher rainstorm. Most new tree plantings are anchored like that but I can see how it looks odd.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the trees we planted recently is tied to a stake because I was afraid it was going to grow crooked. This looks more like paranoia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is a weird technique!
    I love the new feature in blogger draft, I haven't had any problems.
    Wiley Willows Photoblog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:16 pm

    Creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. B13 - my favourite dog is a German Shepherd, I have owned four (not all at the same time)


    JC & Paulie - thanks for enlightening me, that is probably the reason the trees are anchored down.

    Thank you all for your comments, I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I had seen it, it would have looked odd to me too but it might be very practical.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.