04 June 2010

A fishy story

I have not been blogging as much as I would like to lately.  I am having major problems with my back since January. Recently I had two weeks off work, then went back for two weeks but this week I was home again after going to a conference and having to sit all day.  I hope to go back to work next week.  Years ago when I had back problems the doctors always said rest as much as possible and one time I was in bed for several weeks.  The policy these days is to keep going and keep active as much as possible, which is why I find work so difficult as I have to sit at a computer most of the day and it is not easy to move around when all the work is on the computer.

This week I have been able to enjoy the sunshine and visited the local garden centre.  I took these photographs of fish which was not easy as they move quite quickly, I didn't want to use a flash and frighten them, these are the best of the photos I took.


6 comments:

  1. Hi thanks for commenting on my blog .. always great to see new readers .. Yes I have been following Leslie for quite a few years now.. :-) and I see you read Britt-Arnhilds too.. been following her for a long time.

    You have some wonderful photos on here, will have another read soon.

    I hope you back does improve very soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit! I like your fish. Fishtanks are always fascinating. I like those modern zoos where you can walk in a glass tunnel and see fish swimming over you. I have seen them in Sydney and in Rotterdam, but I am sure that they are everywhere in all major zoos in the world.
    I hope your back will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of back troubles!
    My husband has been suffering since January! It can be agonizing. I certainly will say a prayer for you.

    I love these fish photo's - the blue just jumps out at me. So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:40 am

    Sorry you have been suffering with your back, I too have back probs and know how painful they can be.
    Thank you for the welcome back, I can not believe how the time has gone by so quickly.
    Let us hope this will be a good summer to make up for that horrid winter.....
    I do hope to get back into monochrome, need to get out and about first though...lol
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Backs are an imposition! I hope yours improves as quickly as possible.

    I like your fishy-fotos!

    As a matter of interest, I've recently bought a Kensington trackball. I've been wanting one for some time - ever since your long-ago post. You should get commission ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! These fish portraits are really good--and if you had used your flash, it probably would have made a very bright reflection on the glass even if it didn't scare the fish..

    Thanks for the visit, I hope your back is felling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.