12 July 2010

That’s My World

The BBC (Wall To Wall) are filming a documentary called ‘The High Street’ in Shepton Mallet, Somerset, several shops are being transformed into replicas of different periods.  The Victorian age has just been filmed and on the Sunday a Victorian Market was held.   

IMG_8757_1 IMG_8657_1 IMG_8677_1 IMG_8696_1

IMG_8616_1

The next era will be the Edwardian period so I will go back and post more photos over the coming weeks.

That's My World! is hosted each week by the My World Team - Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy and Sylvia.Visit the My World site here to join in the fun.

10 comments:

  1. What fun - you got to be Victorian for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific photos as always and such a fun event! Really interesting, I would love to have been there! Your photos are the next best thing and I look forward to the next event! Have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to be a part of this.
    I'll look forward to your next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Love period scenes. Looks so real, great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting and great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the event as if I were there. Great photos of your world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to have your market place transformed like this. They look so good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love watching The BBC's Edwardian and Victorian era historical dramas. I'm watching one called Berkeley Square right now. Thanks for sharing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:00 pm

    The BBC may throw a lot of money away, but they sure do make some good programmes with no expence spared.
    Looks like it was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.