This week we reach the 1930's, here are the photos from that era.
The penny bazaar is now a toy shop with the drapers shop still above.
The Tea Rooms
Sergison's has changed again, notice the stained glass windows.
Of course, now we have vehicles!
Bread deliveries from the Hovis van
The Hovis van.
I hope you have enjoyed the 1930's quite a few changes from the previous eras. I am really enjoying seeing the shops change through the years.
That's My World! is hosted each week by the My World Team - Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy and Sylvia.Visit the My World site here to join in the fun.








That is very interesting to see the different eras. I enjoyed the photographs.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting mine and regarding my monochrome bench, it's a lot more comfortable to sit on than I thought it would be. It's common to see people sitting on that bench reading a book when the weather is nice. I've sat on it and had lunch in the Autumn and was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't look like it would be comfortable at all.
What a fun, unique look back! Love your photos! Superb! And great colors! Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteSylvia
What a wonderful trip in time to a gone by era that comes alive when we remember through the delightful photographs you take. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThey are helping Sergison's keep with the times with their signage!
ReplyDeleteLove that Hovis van!
I like doing just this as well - comparing what was with what now is. I guess progress and change is what life is all about. I do my brain in every so often trying to work out what the world will be like in 100 years time. The changes in the last 100 years have been phenomenal ... as indeed the 100 prior to that. I have recently reread 'Larkrise to Candleford' which was a joy, but to which most of the world could simply not relate. Thank you very much for your post today.
ReplyDeleteHovis - we had some for breakfast!
ReplyDeleteLove all these photos from another era.
ReplyDeleteThe times sure have changed! It's good to look back. ;)
ReplyDeleteThose are great, it is fascinating seeing the different eras like that.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing them.