Sometimes when I drive home from work I go off the main road and drive down the country lanes, this particular road is one-track so there is only room for one car, there are plenty of passing places but sometimes it can be a bit scary when a ‘white van man’ is driving very fast towards you and you know he is not going to stop. There are a few gateways to pull right into and stop, as you can see from these photographs it is worth stopping to view the countryside around:
If you are not familiar with the term ;white van man' go here for information.
That's My World! is hosted each week by the My World Team - Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy and Sylvia. Do visit the My World site here to join in the fun.
What a beautiful countryside. I love the reflection in the first shot and they are all beautiful. It is scary to be on a narrow lane and encounter crazy drivers.
ReplyDeleteWhat delightful captures! Definitely makes it worthwhile to take the back roads from time to time! Love the swans! Hope you have a wonderful week! I'm going to have to check out the "white van"!
ReplyDeleteSylvia
We have a white van! lol! I must have words with hubby! lol!
ReplyDeleteLovely scene!
Dxx
I love going down these single tracks, like you it is meeting another vehical on the opposite side that is hair raising...:)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful countryside images.
The lakes are beautiful, we nearly changed our mind because of the rain up north. We were undecided should we go back to Eype bay at Dorset...
Next year a must will be Weston way and Somerset cyder farm shops.
A day at Street the shopping outlet will be a must.:)
The road does look very narrow indeed. I'm glad there are places to turn off for a few seconds to let others pass.
ReplyDeleteThe scenery is lovey, I like the little country roads but cars or vans coming the other way are a pain sometimes. The roads are often just too small.
ReplyDeleteBtw - I don't know if you have seen my latest post but from the
1st of November I am changing to an invite only blog. I hope to see you there. :)
The back roads often offer many delights. what a beautiful countryside to inspire you. Great photos.
ReplyDeleteIt all looks so green still. I love the country side and am mourning the passing of summer!
ReplyDelete