03 August 2013

My Month in Numbers

It’s time once again for My Month in Numbers a great idea by Julie Kirk of Notes on Paper.

First the communal count:

When I took all the things I carry around out of my bag I was surprised to find there were only 15 items, my bag is quite heavy so I expected the total to be 115!
1 purse - quite heavy due to all the store loyalty cards, coffee shop loyalty cards, and receipts, note very little money weighing it down! 1 compact camera (of course), 1 phone, 1 iPod Touch (because I would really like an iPhone but cannot afford one) 1 card wallet with my work ID and driving licence, 2 notebooks and 1 pen, 1 plastic wallet with all the coupons from various store that I always forget to use before the time limit, 2 small zipper cases containing various painkillers and migraine tablets, the other containing earphones, 2 lipsticks, 1 fold up hairbrush and 1 tin of peppermints.

554 photographs taken and 163 printed. I print my photos through Photobox every few months.

12 photos posted for Rinda’s Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt, I have 10 more items to find.

6 Library books taken out, although I already had some at home. One of them - Pet Heaven - the animal accessory book I liked for the quirky knitting patterns, I found it on Amazon for a very cheap price so I ordered it. I use libraries a lot and love to come home with a pile of books.




1 dog show - my son and I volunteered to help at the GRWE (Greyhound Rescue West of England) Dog Show, I helped with selling merchandise and my son helped in the kitchen doing the very important job of serving lunch and teas.  It was a very hot day but luckily we had a breeze blowing through the stand which also meant we had lots of greyhound visitors and their owners sheltering from the sun.

Tara in the best rescued bitch class
Tara with her first ice cream

26 days with blue skies - this may not seem unusual but it is for this part of the UK, we are having a wonderful summer with hot sunny days, too hot at times, especially the days I work as the office is so hot. I take a photo of the sky each day and yes, I know I am obsessive, and use an App called Project 365 to take my daily photo with my iPod Touch.

240 miles driven to and from work. I hate the commute, although at this time of the year it is much nicer as there is less traffic in the mornings due to no school runs.

That's it for this month, do visit Julie's site (link at the top of this page) for more information and how to join in.

4 comments:

  1. Love those sky photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find that it's the money which does weigh my bag down ... but it's all the loose change and pennies rather than any great pile of notes that does it!

    And you're certainly in the lead with the number of photos printed! I keep meaning to get some printed professionally [I only ever use my home printer - so only print the ones I want to scrapbook] ... maybe I'll finally get around to it!

    It was such a beautiful month wasn't it? Well worth capturing all those blues skies for your 365.

    I've added you to the board now Barbara: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

    Happy August to you!

    Julie :-)

    p.s: The questions for the 2nd 'Communal Count' are now up on my blog if you'd like to join in again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I really childish if I say that the category "Best Rescued Bitch" made me giggle? Nice job on MMIN!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the peek into your handbag - I am always intrigued by what other women keep in theirs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.