My weekend walk took me to first to Ashton Windmill (see previous post) and Cheddar Reservoir, it was build in the 1930s and uses the springs in Cheddar Gorge. I was hoping to see some fishermen for my Scavenger Hunt but there were none, maybe it is the wrong time of the year.
The reservoir is backed by the Mendip Hills so it is a beautiful place to walk.
It was a very slow walk as my back was very painful, my son was very patient with me! He is going to go back with his girlfriend and take their bikes as it is a great place to ride.
We made it about two thirds of the way around.


.jpg)
.jpg)
Such a beautiful peaceful place to visit! There's something about being by water that's very relaxing. And blue sky too! Thanks for linking to my blog - I look forward to seeing your walks out and about with your camera. Take care with your back - gentle walks...
ReplyDeleteHi Barbara,
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog thru Helen's Weekend Walk. Nice to meet you! Tara is lucky to have found you.
I enjoyed my visit to your part of the world - we visited the UK in 2007 and loved it.
My favorite photo is the one of the geese all lined up at water's edge...ready to march.
xoxo
That looks like a place to put on my to visit list.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting it's great that I have 'found' someone from the South West...
I love the colors and textures in the photograph of the goose by the water.
ReplyDeleteRinda
I hope your back starts feeling better soon. Lovely photos. Enjoyed your walk.
ReplyDeleteLovely interesting shots
ReplyDelete