Here she is - meet Katie
The greyhound rescue where I got Tara from had a big 20th birthday celebration at the beginning of July, I went to help with the catering but managed to get away to see the dogs needing new homes as they were led around in the ring and introduced to everyone. I had previously looked at Katie on the website but decided I didn't want another dog yet. I approached her carer and asked about Katie but someone else was interested so it I thought never mind I will wait. A couple of weeks later I received a phone call to say Katie was available as the other home was not suitable.
My son and I drove to Devon to meet Katie where she was with her foster carer. We spent some time in the carer's house getting to know her then we all went for a walk and then we had to decide if we liked her!
She is 3 years old so very much still like a puppy, she loves to play and especially likes squeaky toys. After being used to Tara who had slowed down quite a lot it is very different having a young dog again. We are getting used to each other and no doubt there will be plenty of adventures.

She's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful. You & Katie are both lucky to have found each other. I am always amazed at how the heart can expand to love again after such heart break of loosing a beloved fur child & I am glad of it. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful news and she looks a sweetie.
ReplyDeleteThat's great news :)
ReplyDelete