03 June 2008

ABC Wednesday - T



We have reached T this week - so of course I chose a Trumpet, here are some views of a trumpet I hope you like them:




Just to be technical and in case my son looks at this, the photos are of a Trumpet in C, in UK it is more common to play a Trumpet in Bb, this is my son's trumpet and I love playing it, although I don't play it very often as most of the music I play is written for Bb and I am not too good at transposing.

To find out more about ABC Wednesday and see links to other participants' sites go to mrs nesbitts place

25 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:59 pm

    Those are great photographs of the trumpet. Too bad you didn't add a you-tube of you or your son playing it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen B - maybe I will add a video you never know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:09 am

    Hi from Talca, Chile, beautiful blog, pretty and interesting photos, congratulations.

    Do you want to know my city?, visit:

    http://talcaenfrecuenciadigital.blogspot.com

    bye.
    Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:12 am

    This is one I didn't think of. Good T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are great! I'll be happy to make a video for you-tube but you'll have to wait until I have a good playing day!! There are already some videos of me playing if you search for "clearnitesky" on there, but none on this instrument...
    I may have to get some of these shots for when I make a website :)

    I particularly like the one of the valves with orange background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rich - well watch this space for when Rich makes a new video, it is worth looking at the ones he has already done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the close-ups of the valves, and gorgeous warm colours. I also play trumpet (very badly) and french horn, but it's been so-o long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos, I love all of the different angles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful instrument. I especially love the close-up shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not good at transposing either but I am sure you are awesome at it!
    Love the photo.
    Mine is up here and here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea... I never even gave thought to this. I love the angles and close ups you gave to this!
    The Rocky Mountain Retreat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos, Barbara! My Dad played the trumpet when he was younger, but me? Alas, no musical talent at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing like blowing your own trumpet - but I'll blow it for you instead - these photo's are superb!!

    Great post too.

    Gary
    Bodge's Bulletin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:40 am

    Great close-ups on the trumpet. :) Real nice shots! Happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. To be able to play the trumpet at all is an achievement!

    Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. One can truly say that you have sounded your trumpets - well illustrated too:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous11:05 am

    It's a TooT !
    Gi'us a Tune.

    Actually, technically very good shots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are superb photos. Obviously a very photogenic instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great choice and beautiful photos this time.
    Trumpet is a wonderful instrument:)

    Petunia's ABC

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW - what a blast - of photos all fantastic

    Come and visit my Tree House.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very interesting choice and ceratinly different. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  22. When I see a trumpet, and certainly , a beautiful one like this one, I think of Handels Messiah : The trumpet shall sound ..."These photos are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your photos, the colours are great.
    Hope all is well with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. One of my sons played trumpet for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.