11 June 2008

ABC Wednesday - U



U
is for view from Underneath

and U is for the village of Ubley in Somerset on the north side of the Mendip Hills.

Playing in a brass band we visit lots of summer fetes at various villages and schools, my son remembers the Ubley as it was the first fete he played at, he was about 10 years old. He now visits Ubley to teach.

St Bartholomew’s Church, Ubley

To find out more about ABC Wednesday and see links to other participants' sites go to mrs nesbitts place

14 comments:

  1. You have such beautiful churches in the United Kingdom. Most of ours are just buildings with nothing special like stained glass windows (well, some have them) and the architecture is nothing like in the UK and Europe. I guess because we are such a relatively young country. Great post today! Come on by to see where I'm taking everyone this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice choices for the U-post. Beautiful photos as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a quaint little village. Absolutely love the view underneath that plant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choices. The angle on your flower picture is something I would want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:51 am

    Oh I would so love to be in an English village no matter what the beginning letter of their name is. Wonderful shots. Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked your underneath picture framed by the trees with the brilliant blue sky in the background. I invite you to come see my U is for Use and Re-Use. -- Margy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:36 am

    I haven't done much of a round this week but yours is the only 'underneath' I've seen. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely jubley to visit Ubley.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a typical village scene. I love the red phone boxes...I used one for the first time in ages lasyt year...was well shocked at the price of a phone call!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great! Underneath an Umbel looking Up! Is it a giant hogweed by any chance? Or were you lying on your back to take this? (LOL)
    Ubley looks a beautiful English village, lovely to have family links that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shots and choices for U!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful church. And I like your 'underneath' on too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inspired picture for U....do you have your ideas for V and X yet? I'm not panicking yet! There are many beautiful villages in the Cotswolds, and my lasting memory of them are the roses in glorious, full-perfumed bloom in the summer. I've never seen such roses ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots, never been but looks inviting.

    Visit my Colours of Vision.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.