01 February 2009

Monochrome Monday

The theme for my current photography assignment is abstract grids & patterns, I decided to convert this wall to black and white so see the result. I like the texture and different tones this has created.



Aileni from Loose Ends is the host of Monochrome Mondays do visit the dedicated site here to see other participants and some wonderful photographs.

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:00 pm

    Interesting, contrasting textures in the brick and stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way that turned out so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bricks are a great subjuct as the textures are great. Nice job. Smiles B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:57 pm

    I agree beautiful texture....
    interesting I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mono does allow for the tones and textures to feel tangiable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:24 am

    Very nice composition and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the patterns in the stone. It makes me want to do a similar study. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like all of the different shapes and textures. Very cool shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and I have had almost the same idea. Wall and pavement. They get a particular making with relief, shade, and irregularity that are enhanced in B&W. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pattern :) In my Odd Shot that I will post leighter today, I have some of the same pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, this shot has wonderful rich textures and the mono really shows them to their best advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:10 pm

    Looks like a mixture of stone and bricks...definitely got texture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:04 pm

    I like that! So simple yet draws you in. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting and it makes me wonder who is walled up behind those bricks... heh heh hee

    ReplyDelete
  15. That kind of pattern is what makes b&w fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like this a lot, Starnitsky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes, I like those textures. It's worked really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.