19 April 2010

That's my World






I have visited these woods many times but I have never noticed this marker stone before:


The date on the stone reads 1766


I know I have passed this way before, it must be due to the lack of foliage at this time of the year that made it more visible.  

That's My World! is hosted each week by the My World Team - Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy and Sylvia.Visit the My World site here to join in the fun.

5 comments:

  1. How interesting to discover something like that, so old and out in the middle of nowhere -- I mean it looks so isolated. Marvelous captures and looks like a great place to hike! Hope you have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very peaceful, the stone mark was ages ago lucky its still there standing. Your world is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting marker. What a beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so interesting to find a marker that has been there so long and not to have seen it before. Great choice for the My world post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting it is to find something dated way back during one of your hiking or walk in the woods.

    The place is very picturesque too. :-) I am sure it is an enjoyable and peaceful walk there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.