I am giving myself a challenge to post photographs of places during Round 8.
This week we visit Burnham on Sea, famous for it’s short pier and lighthouse.
Burnham-on-Sea has all the charm of a traditional seaside resort with its own distinct character. It is famous for its unique nine-legged wooden lighthouse and also boasts one of the shortest piers in the country.
Plenty of fun can be had on the miles of sandy beaches, donkey rides for the youngsters, sandcastle building, or just unwinding with an ice cream and the views of Bridgwater Bay and the Welsh coast in front of you.
There is a busy town centre with a mix of high street shops and a range of more traditional outlets. To the south of Burnham lies Apex Park, which offers visitors a chance to stroll around the lakes, enjoy the wildlife or something more active. The park offers fishing, BMX biking areas, a skate park, a trim trail and a play area for children. As well as guesthouses and self-catering cottages in and around the town, the area has a variety of campsites and holiday parks.
Information from:http://www.visitsomerset.co.uk/site/explore-somerset/towns-and-villages/burnham-on-sea-p500403
Burnham has a very informative website here and a webcam which updates every 20 seconds.
ABC Wednesday is hosted by Denise Nesbitt and the ABC team, do visit to see many more B posts.
Oh, I love piers on the seaside. I used to live in Hove and loved visiting the piers.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots!
Haven't been here before, the beach looks great and the short pier is unusual. A vert nice 'B' photo!
ReplyDeleteLovely town, I think.
ReplyDeleteROG, ABC Wednesday team
What a terrific looking place!! And definitely a great choice for the B Day! Love your photos, particularly the last four! I could definitely enjoy some time there! Hope your week is going well!
ReplyDeleteSylvia
ABC Team
Thats a place Ive not visited yet, thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteGreat choice for B day!
ReplyDeleteSeems a very beautiful place to visit!
Thanks for sharing;o)
***
Have a beautiful day****
Beautiful, beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great personal challenge to use places for your ABC theme. I sure like your B. Each picture is so lovely.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tour throught a charming seaside town. Awesome photos.
ReplyDeleteCheryl
ABC Team
That's really a short pier ! I know the South East coast quiet well because since 3 years I go for a week to my friends in Eastbourne and these little coast towns look all very similar. I love them !
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful...next time I'm over, I'll have to check this out!
ReplyDeleteLeslie
ABCW Team :D
What a beautiful spot. Great choice for B.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful place to be.
ReplyDelete