05 August 2014

My Month in Numbers - July

Is it really August now - where did July go?  July was a busy month for me, hopefully I can relax a little in August.

At the beginning of the month I went with my local gardening club to visit Esotera Garden and what a beautiful garden it is. It is 2 acres with 3 ponds.We spent 2 hours wandering around and then stopped for tea and cake. The garden is part of the National Gardens Scheme which means they open on certain days of the year to raise money for charities.  I have just checked the website and unfortunately there are not any more opening days this year.  So next year if you are visiting Somerset in Spring or early Summer, I recommend a visit.





While there I took 152 photographs and did think that back in the days of film that would have been over 4 films of 36 pictures.

The way I take photographs has changed so much, I used to be much more careful composing the shot to get it right as film and getting the photographs developed could be quite expensive, I  now take many more photographs than I used to but do wonder if I am so careful as I used to be.



11 members of my family visited from USA, they had a wonderful time visiting  London and the West Country. We had a family party before they returned, 40 of us enjoyed chatting and eating, my family are spread out all over the country and in the USA so we don't see each other very often.


My Aunt was treated to a ride in an Austin A7, a great surprise for her.




We experienced 4 hours of thunderstorms in the middle of the month, I was up most of the night, due to the noise and a shaking, pacing hound.


My son and I went to Colliers Way - me to walk and him to ride his bike.It was a very hot day the temperature was in the 80s but luckily there is a lot of shade so Tara did not get too overheated. He rode 7 miles while Tara and I walked 2 miles. We stopped for a picnic before returning.

I visited Colliers Way in April last year -follow this link to see how it looked then - http://starnitesky.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/walk-on-colliers-way.html






At the end of the month we attended the Greyhound Gathering and picnic held in Bristol to raise money for Greyhounds. The weather was perfect - not too hot for the dogs.  All together £1442.02 was raised and GRWE (the rescue I got Tara from) raised over £700.


Tara and her new toy.




This is Alfie who wore his hat and flags all day!


My Month in Numbers was devised by Julie Kirk on her blog Notes on Paper.  To see more Month in Numbers visit Julie's Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

4 comments:

  1. Firstly - there's no such thing as joining in 'late' - so absolutely no need to apologise. Lots of people share theirs about a month afterwards ... I don't mind at all!

    What a beautiful garden, sounds like a perfect day out [from the sign I see they had a tearoom which I'm guessing is open more often than the garden though? Or do they just their own private tearoom!? There's a thought ... ].

    And what great weather you seem to have had for the family reunion, that must have made a difference to the 'English country garden party' atmosphere! I love the tea cups too, what a lovely sight.

    Your July is pinned to the Month in Numbers board with those from all the other numerical list-makers now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

    So, thank you for joining me in the count and here's to a happy-August to you and yours!

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right with what you say about photographs. I take hundreds but need to organise them all - sounds a task and a half I can tell you! A rainy day task perhaps - oh and there is a room to de-clutter on a rainy day too! I may be a while! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outdoor photos are really lovely and inviting! 40 people is quite a reunion! Glad you got to spend time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last photo is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.