25 July 2014

Summertime Scavenger Hunt 3

Here are some more of my finds for Rinda's Summertime Scavenger Hunt:

No. 1  A sign welcoming people to your home town.  This is not my home town as I do not live near where I was born (London) - I did live in Wells for 26 years and visit often as my friends live there.

Wells is the smallest city in the UK
You can just see Wells Cathedral - this photo taken next to the sign.


No. 2 - A garden gnome


Spotted in my Aunt's garden


No. 9 - A bakery

Lots of delicious sandwiches and cake can be purchased here, their main bakery is in Glastonbury, this is their branch in Wells.  I used to treat myself to a sandwich once a week when I worked in Glastonbury.


No. 14 - A parade
The air force cadets marching at a local show.


No. 18 - a waterfall


No 19 - A public garden

The last four photographs were taken at Forde Abbey a house and garden open to the public.


I still have many more to get so check back to see more.




5 comments:

  1. Lovely captures. The bakery title made me giggle.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to wonder about the choice of name for the bakery. Funny though. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too giggling at the bakery name. Super photos,
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to look it up!
    http://www.burnsthebread.co.uk/about.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name of that bakery! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.