It was a busy Saturday and a restful Sunday this weekend.
Saturday started by helping on a stall with a Christmas Fair for a charity (Dorothy House, a local hospice) in the morning, it was organised by my sister's friend in memory of her husband. We took £74 on the stall and overall the amount raised was £620 which is a very good amount as it is held in a small village.
In the afternoon, my sister and I went to Shearwater for a geocaching event, then we took Tara for a long walk around the lake. My back has not quite recovered from the fall but I find walking even though it is painful does help. It was a beautiful afternoon and very mild. We both remembered visiting the lake with our parents when we were young. Last time I visited Shearwater it was pouring with rain so it was good to see the area on a sunny day.
We found out later that the bus belongs to Noel Edmonds (a TV celebrity), he was there dressed up in a halloween costume and visited the geocaching event and signed the log book, unfortunately we missed him as we had left for our walk.
Sunday was a catching up day and watching a film in the afternoon.
Tara out on Sunday afternoon without a coat - very unusual for this time of the year.
Me on Monday is a wonderful idea started by Sian from High in The Sky.
Do visit her blog to see who else is taking part.




Lovely photos. I like the new header photo. Glad to hear that your back is better. I know that the physio therapists at the clinic I work at are always saying "motion is lotion" . WOW that is a fair amount (no pun intended) that you took in from your craft stall at the Fair, such a worthwell cause. Christmas Fairs are just getting started for us - I really enjoy seeing all the crafts people make. Best way to shop. Hope you have a great week ahead.
ReplyDeleteSheerwater is lovely. I have been for some good walks around there and I remember going there as a child too. Beautiful photos.
ReplyDeletefabulous reflection on the lake - hope you back is feeling better - have a great week
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lovely weekend - we had fog but Sunday was quite warm. I really must have a go at geocaching - it sounds like lots of fun. Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteA late wave from me! Well done on the fund raising :)
ReplyDelete