25 November 2015

Pairs - Near and Far

My pairs post this week comes from my walk on Sunday near Shepton Montague in Somerset.


This is 'The Towers' where I went for my 200th geocache find.  They were built in 1755 by Lord Ilchester as an entrance to his estate Redlynch park.  There is some information here if you want to read about them.  Redlynch Park house was used during WW2 to house the United States Army 3rd Armored Division - known as the The Third Herd.  



This is the view from the other side of the towers a few miles away.



Pairs is a wonderful meme created by Helena at her Creative Maven



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful towers. I had to chuckle at the nick name of the US of A's army - The Third Herd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely view..nice to see unspoilt countryside too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very grand. I am not familiar with this at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning towers from near and far

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pair Barbara and a lovely new header?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.