01 February 2016

Memorandum Monday

Waving to Sian and my blog readers!  I have been away from blogland for a while as I have been unwell with Vertigo, I am slowly getting over it but it is taking ages to go away.

New to me this weekend is the word 'Hygge'.  It is a Danish custom and is all about embracing the cold, dark days of winter by making the home cozy.  I read about it on a blog post by Emma on her blog silverpebble - follow the link and read what she says about hygge.

One of the Danish customs I like is lighting candles and lanterns when visitors are coming to make the home welcoming.


Image from google



Monday is Memorandum Monday another great idea from Sian.  
Follow the link to find other blogs taking part


6 comments:

  1. I read about this in a magazine very recently and loved the whole concept. (And I'm also a fan of Silver Pebble. Several years ago now Emma very kindly allowed me to borrow her Pass The Book concept and I had a lot of fun with it.)

    I hope you are well on the road to recovery Barbara. Vertigo is not nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hygge. Wonderful & interesting custom. At this dreary time of year inside light is so warm & heartening. I like candles but with a pair of curious kittens, I have to limit where & when. Sending light filled thoughts for a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right that candles are very welcoming and homely. I like lighting candles especially perfumed ones. Sorry to hear about your vertigo. It can take a bit of shaking off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely custom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better. I have had several friends hit by vertigo and it can be really awful.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling better Barbara. I have suffered from Labrynthitis in the past and so I know how awful you must have felt. Vertigo can be disabilitating. I have not heard of the word Hygge before but the idea appeals to me a lot. I love candles and there is nothing nicer than their flickering light on a winters night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.