A walk with the family over Easter brought us to a new place, woods not far from home which I had not visited before. Luckily we went before all the rain and storms so it was reasonably dry. The paths are on the trackbed of the Somerset & Dorset railway line so the walking is nice and flat.
This is the top of a viaduct, we marvelled at how it was built with no modern machinery. There is a quarry at the other end of the woods where the stone for the bridge probably came from.
Memorandum Monday another great idea from Sian.
Follow the link to find other blogs taking part



Railway track beds do make a good walk. I have frequently walked along the same line near Midford.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a beautiful place for a walk. I'd say you'll be back there whenever you get the chance.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a good week Barbara
Until you come to the viaduct, this could easily have been photographed on railway beds in western New York. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely walk - I'd like to see it in person some day.
ReplyDeleteLooks a lovely place for a walk! xx
ReplyDelete