08 April 2016

5 in 5 April and Snap - Jack and Jill Hill





This month my 5 in 5 photographs come from a visit to the village of Kilmerston.  The village is home to the nursey rhyme Jack and Jill Hill went up the Hill -


Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
And Jill came tumbling after.











At the top of the hill is the village primary school where the well is located.

School gates




Linking to 5 in 5 by Sandie at Itchifingers

Also linking to Snap a wonderful meme from Helena at her Creative Maven.






4 comments:

  1. What interesting photos Barbara, I never knew that the rhyme was associated with an actual place. Thank you for enlightening me and for joining in this month, I found your post really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a walk around there once . I was quite excited about seeing the hill but it didn't really live up to my hopes. I had imagined a hill more like Glastonbury hill with a well on the top! Great idea for snap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set, and an interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool...I hadn't realized that this was a real place!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.