14 November 2016

Memorandum Monday

Monday again so waving to Sian and all the Monday bloggers.

Yesterday was Remembrance Sunday so I went to Wells to see my son playing The Last Post, he played three times - once at the War Memorial at the church, again at the memorial to Harry Patch (who was the last surviving combat soldier from the World War 1) which is near the museum and cathedral and again at the cemetery in Wells.

For the first time Richard played a bugle that he had made - it had a good sound.


Afterwards we went for a well deserved cuppa in Waitrose



Memorandum Monday another great idea from Sian.  

Follow the link to find other blogs taking part

6 comments:

  1. Well done to your son making & playing his own horn. The Last Post always gives me the tears, such an emotional connection from music to why & where.

    Tea looks very yummy - pretty tea pot & cups

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an honour - you must be so proud - I didn't know people could make their own horn. have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..this must have been so moving. And he made the bugle himself? That's wonderful. I bet you were so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that must have been a very special occasion, it always makes me cry as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow to make it and play it! They must have had their ceremonies at a variety of times to take part in so many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shot of your son and that's great that he not only plays but makes the instrument. The tea looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.