22 April 2007

Flowers

My garden is fluourishing, I am still waiting to see what pops up, the previous owner of the house was a keen gardener so the garden is quite established.

Spanish Bluebell, this is one of my favourite flowers and I brought quite a few with me from my previous garden, I have left them in pots and will plant the bulbs in the autumn. It is related to the English Bluebell which are a protected species now, a woodland full of bluebells is a beautiful site.

Pulmonaria - which I brought with me, I only brought one pot as it spreads quite a lot.


This is a beautiful shrub - but I don't know the name!
It had orange berries in the winter, if anyone can tell me what it is called I would be really pleased.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning, nice to hear from Britain. In your garden you have the same flowers I have. The bluebells have overgrown each other plant in my garden! They are like the pest.
    But I like them, Mr. Wonderful don't do so!
    In Britain you have not so hot weather as we here in Germany, when I was there 10 days ago, we have seen a lot of gardens in Cornwall.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sigrun, I'm glad you like bluebells as well. I hope your garden is not suffering too much with the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:57 pm

    The 'shrub' is a crab apple. If it has 'orange berreis' it may well be Golden Hornet. if so they will be mostly brown and mushy by now. Flora

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.