28 October 2008

ABC Wednesday - O


O is for the Oxeye Daisy is a native (to UK) wildflower, often seen in fields and on roadside verges. Another of my favourites, these photographs were taken in my garden, I grew them from seed.






ABC Wednesday was started by Mrs Nesbitt, do visit to find out all about it. More ABC entries can be seen on the ABC Wednesday Anthology blog.

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:59 pm

    Beautiful photos of the Oxeye Daisy. I remember that flower so well as I grew up in the Uk.

    Thanks

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know something: I love those composites very much, like oxeyes, mums, daisies, and gerberas. Your photos are stunning, especially the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:27 pm

    I was never sure of these as a child - they always seemed to be full of earwigs.
    They look very nice here though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:02 pm

    oh my gosh, your pictures are so pretty! great shot on the one with the bee!

    My "O" photos are now posted here and here. Hope you can pass by, too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so gls you posted this beautiful images. I have so many images of the flowers, and was una ware of their correct name. Thank you for eductaing me, which is what I love about blogging. We can all learn so much from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect post for the letter O. I like the bee coming in for a landing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:34 am

    What beautiful photos of these sweet flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The daisy. The perfect flower. But what's that little insect preparing to crash-land?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of summer!! The detail in the first daisy is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful just beautiful.
    Every year I try to grow daisies in my garden.

    Bear((( )))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your blog I have an award for you! Go to my blog and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fine pattern in that first shot...
    Great catch with the bee...

    When I was a kid (a very long time ago) I used to tear their petals off one by one in an attempt to find out if my little girlfriend really loved me or not...

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're so natural and so perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think there are lots of varieties and names of that one - but a beautiful subject for photography it is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning photos. I love the x-eye daisy, though we called them Marguerites where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the one with the hover fly

    ReplyDelete
  17. That second photo with the bee zeroing in the daisy's center is a real prize winner!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous8:56 pm

    I love the one with the hoverfly! That's a really nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are beautiful shots. Very cheerful. Good luck with your assignment and will look forward to seeing your shots when you are back to blogging. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, SO pretty! Just made my day! I love daisies! They make me think of my Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have always loved daisies and you've made them look even prettier than I remembered.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.