22 February 2009

Monochrome Monday

Doorway

Looks like there was a notice on the doorway at one time, I wonder what it said?



Aileni from Loose Ends is the host of Monochrome Mondays do visit the dedicated site here to see other participants and some wonderful photographs.

16 comments:

  1. I like that door. It has a very solid old wood look (probably because it is). I agree there must have been a notice on it. Intriguing to guess what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet door in it's mono glory!
    Maybe the sign was something as inviting.
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:59 am

    'Th Door into Summer' or 'The Secret Garden' ?

    A good B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many doorways today :).

    I love the way this one blends so well into the surrounding rock that it almost appears to be growing right out of the wall.

    Lovely shot indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating little arched doorway. I'm wondering what type of building is there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the doorway - much older and more interesting than mine! Is the door itself as old as the doorway? It's fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:00 pm

    I agree with Aileni, A secret Garden.....a door that looks like time has stood still....lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thunking Secret Garden too. It is a very solid door, not inviting but mysterious. Monochrome really brings these doors to life with the tones and shades.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The vicar is available to discuss weddings and christenings on Tuesday evening from 5.30 to 6.30.

    Lovely old door and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:47 pm

    Old doors are one of my favorite things to photograph...this is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love doors ... I bet that sign said: NO MENUS!

    If you lived on my street that would make more sense I guess but ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great doorway. Very nicely captured and composed image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the secret garden idea!

    Very nice mono. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting my "My World" post! You Monochrome photo is excellent! Mine will be up for tomorrow, starnitsky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Knock three times...and enter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that door and i do wonder how they got it set in with those rocks. Wonder if it has a lot of air coming around it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.