This is the duck pond in Glastonbury Abbey, taken last week after the first snow storm. We had a partial melt today with some local flooding, I have just driven home and it is snowing again.MyWorld Team: Klaus | Sandy | Ivar | Wren | Fishing Guy | Louise
Do visit the MyWorld team and the MyWorld blog to see many other parts of the world.
Isn't Glastonbury the place mentioned in " The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Bradley? Avalon is a mysterious place, which I long to see one day. Your photo looks pretty much like a place of mystery!
ReplyDeleteDid you say "partial melt." Did you know about the January Thaw, it happens each year about this time, for inexplicable reasons. It's one of our last remaining (or many) mysteries of the sky.
ReplyDeleteYes RW Glastonbury is the place from 'Mists of Avalon', the Abbey is a very peaceful place to visit.
ReplyDeletersobcaak - I wonder if the January Thaw applies to us here in the UK as it is rarely as cold as it has been this year!
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful shot. I hope that you don't have too much flooding.
ReplyDeleteHaving read the comments I now await the Lady of the Duck Pond to appear. This is a very pretty winter British scene.
ReplyDeleteIt makes a lovely picture, but I'll bet the ducks are glad there's still open water. Thank you for sharing this place I've only read about!
ReplyDeleteThat looks very nice. I love snow and could take an extra month or two of winter every year.
ReplyDeleteThat looks very nice. I love snow and could take an extra month or two of winter every year.
ReplyDeletebeautiful pond...have a good week.
ReplyDeleteBrrr. I'm still trying to warm up! But it does look very peaceful.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place to photograph.
ReplyDeleteA great winter atmosphere you have captured here.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, this is close to my brothers home.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the photo of your world. I love ponds too. You are snowing and we are pouring the rain here in Missouri. Looks like another wet year. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteit is a lovely and peaceful place. what i'd give to feel snow in my hands lol.
ReplyDeleteLet me share to you My World thru Cagayan De Oro's Night Cafe.
How pretty the snow is there. Sounds like yours snows are similar to ours. Snow once in a while, the melting soon.
ReplyDelete