Only now I know it's Bristol I can see the incline. A city built on mnay slopes and inclines as I recall. It's such an evocative image. Could be any era with the lack of people or vehicles to signpost it. I like this a lot.This is my favourite of yours.
I tried to guess, but I really have no idea what city this shot is from...it looks great in black and white wherever it is!
ReplyDeleteKitty - I should have said - it's Bristol.
ReplyDeleteOnly now I know it's Bristol I can see the incline. A city built on mnay slopes and inclines as I recall. It's such an evocative image. Could be any era with the lack of people or vehicles to signpost it. I like this a lot.This is my favourite of yours.
ReplyDeleteInteresting street shot. I like the angle. Great composition.
ReplyDeleteIt give me that 'Hovis' feeling... and I do not mock - the look and feel of the original ad was so good.
ReplyDeleteit gave me a "Film noir" feeling. Well done.
ReplyDeleteLovely charming street view, nice shadow's and light....
ReplyDeleteHow to play with black, white and light. A mysterious empty street, so rare.
ReplyDeleteWonderful lines and patterns. The hard edge of the sun shadows adds even more. I like this very much.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine having a doorway at an angle like that - can you imagine trying to take a baby out in a pram - they'd roll right away!
ReplyDeleteI feel my calves getting firmer just by looking at this photo. It is a great shot.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the angle!
ReplyDeleteVery nice. I like the play with light and shadows and how the sunlit street leads you to the top of the hill...
ReplyDeleteWell captured. Love the perspective and the depth in the image.
ReplyDeleteA lovely street shot. :-)
ReplyDeleteEven though I know it's Bristol, I can't place it! Which bit?!
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous.
ReplyDeletePlease read-this is why I quit the World In Black And White Group
http://conniesphotos.blogspot.com/2009/04/why-i-quit.html