22 March 2011

ABC Wednesday - J

There are few places near where I live beginning with the letter J, but I remembered Jacob’s Ladder in Cheddar.

When I got to Cheddar the entrance to Jacob’s Ladder was closed so I put my camera through the fence to take this photo.

IMG_7544 There are 274 steps to the top where the tower looks out across the Somerset countryside.  I have not climbed recently but remember climbing to the top with my children and seeing the beautiful views.

ABC_Wed_8

ABC Wednesday is hosted by Denise Nesbitt and the ABC team, do visit to see many more J posts.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely place! Great choice for the J Day! Hope your week is going well!

    Sylvia
    ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting J and so pretty too.

    Please come and meet the J's in my Family, hope to see you around, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. That's a lot of steps so it must feel like Jacobs Ladder going up to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks a lovely place - we promise ourselves we will travel the coast of UK on our motorbike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are climbing Jacob's ladder...

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of a song a choir sang called Jacob's Ladder. It looks like an interesting place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a climb that would be. I'd be happy to find it closed. ;) I'm not much of a climber but I'll be looking forward to seeing the view from the top when you next climb it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does it really go all the way to heaven?!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, wanna see them thar views,lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool. I remember playing Jacob's Ladder as a hand string game!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Difficult task after a certain age I'm sure!! But can picture the scene from the to!

    My J Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great name for the walk up to the tower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.