04 November 2014

My World and Zoom in Zoom out

I visited St Aldhelm's Church today  to check on a geocache that has been placed there, the owner is away and unable to visit, so I am occasionally checking it to make sure it is in good condition as often they can get wet or damaged.  It is is a beautiful place on top of a hill surrounded by trees in a small village. After a heavy rain storm the sun came out so I was able to take theses photos with the sun shining on the church.




Information from Wikipedia:  The Church of St Aldhelm in Doulting, Somerset,England, dates from the 12th century. It is a Grade I listed building. 
The church has a tall spire rather than the towers which are more usual in Somerset. It has a two-storey porch which incorporates a carving of the Green Man into its vaulting. 

Linking with Our World Tuesday and Zoom in Zoom out.

To see other peoples view of their world do visit the Our World Tuesday blog


Zoom In, Zoom Out is a meme created by Helena, see more Zoom In Zoom Out here


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:29 am

    WHat a lovely place - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so many beautiful churches in the UK. I never tire of visiting them.Thank you for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful building and lovely light to set off its stone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't remember seeing a church that shape before - really beautiful! And the sun catches the stone so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely church and I like your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely light on that stone - interesting to have a green man carving on the porch too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Somerset! What a fine part of the world - I was born and brought up less than 10 miles from that church. But that was a long time ago!

    Nice post.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous place, and such beautiful light!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.