23 February 2015

Me on Monday

Waves to Sian and everyone joining in with Me on Monday.

Today was a drive through snow, sleet and heavy rain to meet a friend for coffee, we put the world to rights discussing the NHS, politics and pensions!

The weekend was enjoyable - my son came on Friday and stayed until Saturday evening. It is always good to have his company. He had a gig in Honiton (he is a professional musician) on Friday evening and it was closer to drive back here rather than drive home.

 I purchased a microwave twice, the first one would not sit on the counter top as the bottom was bowed out and looking closer the side was also caved in, when we inspected the box it had obviously been dropped as the box was dented in several places.  It went straight back to Argos and they swapped it for another one. My old microwave is now sitting on the patio waiting for a trip to the dump.



Saturday a trip get food for a roast dinner with a stop in a cafe for drinks and cake.



In the afternoon we went Geocaching as there were some new caches in the local area.  We found two out of the three new ones (one we couldn't look for as there was a car parked right by the gate with someone inside reading) we also found three others on the way.

Tara 'helping' to find a cache



Tara enjoyed the walk across the fields to the ruined fireplace, I guess this was an old farmhouse at one time.

Sunday we had heavy rain the whole day so it was a day of catching up and doing some scrapbooking.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a really lovely weekend, especially as cake was involved. Thank you for my lovely postcard - it is now decorating my fridge and making the kitchen look very cheery x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me that I need to go freshen the last geocache that I planted that still exists (I think we originally planted 5 of them).
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! geocaching is something I have always wanted to try..all I need to do is persuade the others here to join in too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.