11 August 2015

5 in 5

My 5 in 5 this month comes from my visit to Shapwick Heath Nature Reserve on the Somerset Levels on Saturday.


This is the beginning of the line of the Sweet Track, which was a wooden walkway built in across a reed swamp about 6,000 years ago.








See my previous post for more photographs and a link to Shapwick Heath.


To see other 5 in 5 posts visit Sandie at Itchifingers.

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos Barbara, I especially like the bulrush and spikey leaves, they look quite architectural. The reflections are lovely too, I have never been to the Somerset Levels and it sounds such an interesting area. Thank you for taking part in 5 in 5, I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, perfect bullrushes! Great place for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful. Another place I should visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful walk and I love the bullrush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.