10 August 2015

Me on Monday

Saturday was a beautiful sunny day, I had planned to go to a geocache meet on my own but my son turned up and we went together.  It was held on the Somerset Levels near Shapwick and Ham Wall reserves, After meeting and chatting with other geocachers (and the morning coffee) we headed off to find some geocaches on Shapwick Heath Nature Reserve, we chose to go there as we had left Tara at home as the weather was hot, also dogs are not allowed on that part of the reserve as there are otters living there.


One part of the reserve follows the old railway line which we followed for a while before turning off onto the Sweet Track.  This follows the path of a track built in Neolithic times, on a previous visit I saw otter tracks on the path but not this time.  The wildflowers and wildlife are amazing I could have stayed all day.





We were limited with time as Richard had to be back in Bristol early afternoon.  I hope to visit again to see more of the reserve and yes we did find a couple of caches on our walk.


I will post some more photographs in my next post.

Sunday morning I decided to clear out the utility room as it had become a dumping ground, its looking better now but I still have odd things to find places for.  In the afternoon I decided to rest as I was aching from the walk yesterday.

Today we are having heavy rainstorms so it will be a day at home!


Me on Monday is a wonderful idea started by Sian from High in The Sky.
Do visit her blog to see who else is taking part.



4 comments:

  1. Clear out the utility room, you say? Now, I might have a job for you lol

    Hoping the rest of the week is a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found my first Geocache in the Shetland Islands, it was such an exciting moment as we were not looking for one and found it by chance. I should find out how to look for them.
    This looks a lovely area for walking - and as for otters I am really keen to see one in the wild. I did make an effort by going to known sightings while in Shetland without success. Somerset Levels are sounding like a place I need to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you have finished Sian's I might have one for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have rain too :( I'm not to far away from you! We need to head to Bristol soon to finish our Shaun the sheep hunt :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.