20 August 2015

Pairs - at the church

My pairs post is again zoom in, zoom out. I spotted this church while walking though the village at Evercreech.




Look at this clock face and tell me what is wrong with it!

Pairs is a wonderful meme created by Helena at her Creative Maven

7 comments:

  1. The roman numerals are wrong. 4 should be IV, 10 should be X, and 11 should be XI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have made me come back to have another look.... You are right on the four but do they sometimes depict a 4 like this too? Will have to google it!

      Delete
    2. Should be getting farmer his lunch not looking this up ! Try this http://mentalfloss.com/article/24578/why-do-some-clocks-use-roman-numeral-iiii

      Delete
  2. 9, 11, 12, 12?!! Well spotted! I don't suppose I would have noticed. Any explanation to be found on site?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How curious! I wonder whether the numbering is deliberate or a mistake. Time must fly in Evercreech mid morning and mid evening and then standstill at midnight! Were you aware of it before you took the photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link Maggie - fascinating reading, I did wonder why!

      Delete
  4. great little teaser - took me a while - the 10 and 11 are wrong

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.