26 August 2015

Pairs - Far and Near

My pairs this week are from Imber in Wiltshire, known as the "Ghost Village".  The village was was evacuated in 1943 as the area, most of which had been purchased by the military, was going to be used for training American troops for the D-Day landings.

Only the church remains from the original village, 'houses' were built in the 1970's to aid military training.

The Church and village are only open on certain days of the year as it was open for two weeks in August so I took the opportunity to visit.

The church from a few miles away.

The church from a village road.

Imber Church from the churchyard


Pairs is a wonderful meme created by Helena at her Creative Maven.

5 comments:

  1. Always mean to visit Imber. Lovely pictures of the church

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful church near and far and a strange situation for the village

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! I was at Imber on Monday 17th. Which day did you go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely----the church and the countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty countryside. I like the old churches and if you are allowed in, I think it is special to sit and remember ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.