
This viaduct was used to Support the Somerset and Dorset railway line but it was closed in 1963. The gardens have been closed to the public and only open for special occasions but the good news is they have re-opened recently so I will be able to visit again.

Photohunt is hosted by TNChick, visit here to find more participants and join in the fun.
It's fun to see a support that is not only functional but beautiful as well! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's great that they are reopened!
ReplyDeleteI played too :)
Good photo of the arch, a great engineering advancement that supplies the specialized support required for so many projects and buildings. So functional yet so simple and pleasing that it is an art form in itself.
ReplyDeleteI think you are only one to have a railway viaduct. Brilliant.
ReplyDeleteNot that I have looked at evry site - don't have the stamina.
Beautiful shot and perfect for the support theme.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo. The gardens look really attractive b the river.
ReplyDeleteA very classic look.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful example of Roman architecture! I don't know HOW I missed you on Saturday! :D
ReplyDelete