First an apology for not visiting your blogs last week. After I uploaded my post the Internet connection closed down and I had no Internet for several days. I hope it will be fine for this week.
This week for the letter K we visit Kingston Lacey in Dorset. It is owned by the National Trust.
Kingston Lacy is a country house and estate near Wimborne Minster, Dorset, England, now owned by the National Trust. From the 17th to the late 20th centuries it was the family seat of the Bankes family, who had previously resided nearby at Corfe Castle until its destruction in the English Civil War after its incumbent owners, Sir John Bankes and Dame Mary joined the side of Charles I. They owned some 8,000 acres (3,200 ha) of the surrounding Dorset countryside and coastline
As you can see the gardens are beautiful, there are several walks through the grounds to see different parts of the parkland.
The East side of the house
ABC Wednesday is hosted by Denise Nesbitt and the ABC team, do visit to see many more K posts.
Magnificent place and your captures are terrific as always! I would really enjoy visiting there. Interesting history as well! Hope your week is going well! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteSylvia
ABC Team
It's a beautiful house and the grounds are lovely. I'd enjoy walking there.
ReplyDeleteThis mansion is very beautiful. I don't think we ever saw it. Thank you for the tour and this piece of history.
ReplyDeleteknice little kottage.
ReplyDeleteknaughty internet!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team
Impressive place and yet it looks serene and quiet.
ReplyDeleteBonjour!
ReplyDeletewow this place is wonderful, I'm taking my notes here, I would love visit there someday!
The first shot is amazing!
Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg
I know I'd love living there for those beautiful grounds, but all that upkeep!
ReplyDeleteNice K visit. Thank you.
It looks familiar, perhaps it has been used in a TV show/movie?
ReplyDeleteJane x
How beautiful - I love to see the estates in the National Trust!
ReplyDeleteLeslie
ABCW Team