03 November 2014

My Month in Numbers - October


The beginning of October I met my friend in Bristol - the journey took 1hr 20 mins, normally it takes less than 1 hour.  It wasn't anything in particular just heavy traffic.

This month we had 2 visits to the vet with Tara, first she was limping on her front paw, the vet thought it was a strain in her shoulder and put her on pain medication and rest.  


Poorly dog

2 weeks later we were back again with pain in her hind legs and after a thorough examination from 2 vets they decided it was a strain either in her tummy or back leg, more rest and continuing with the pain medication.


Here in the UK the temperatures this month have been much higher than normal reaching 19 C ( 66F)  and we are on track for the warmest October since records began all due to a tropical continental air flow from the Azores.

My son and I have been out Geocaching again, this month I found a total of 8 geocaches. Our last trip out was to Bath where it poured with rain but we did find 3 caches in Bath and 1 on the way.

Bath in the rain

 I have challenged myself to finding 65 geocaches by the end of the year, when I set my challenge it was just before Tara was unwell and after not being able to go out caching for 2 weeks I didn't think I would make it but I now have a total of 60 so I am well on the way.


Month in Numbers was devised by Julie Kirk on her blog Notes on Paper.  To see more Month in Numbers visit Julie's Pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/




2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping Tara is on the full mend now and will be back better than ever soon. Glad you're well on the way to your geocaching goal - 65 sounds like a delightfully large of opportunities for fun. Happy November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear Tara's unwell, I'm guessing it's all connected with of her previous life? Or is she just getting on? Wishing her a brighter time soon.

    I was just thinking this morning - as it's so chilly here - about how warm it was only last week! How did we get here from there so quickly??! I know it's November ... but we were lulled into a false sense of [warm]security weren't we?!!

    I'm imagining your remaining caches will be found on bright crisp wintry days ... maybe there'll be an early Christmas present hiding in one of them!

    Your October is pinned to the Month in Numbers board with the others now Barbara: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

    Wishing you and yours a lovely month ahead. Thank you for joining me again!

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.