14 July 2008

Odd Shot


Odd Shots is an idea from Katney, visit her blog to find other Odd Shot people.

In case you cannot see the notice clearly it says 'Caution Steps without Handrail'. I know it is a health and safety message but I can SEE there is no handrail! I sometimes think that health and safety goes over the top.

9 comments:

  1. Some notices are so silly. But someone would probably sue if they fell. At least here in this country they would. The silliest one, I think, is the message on the coffee at McDonald's: "Hot lioquids can be hot."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the old steps and it is funny how signs state the obvious sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:17 pm

    The obvious indeed... but, unfortunately they all have to do that... thanks to the frivolous lawsuits gone rampant! I do find some of them humorous... this one included :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that shot. The perspective and the angle lead us straight up the weathered stairs to that giant urn.

    Let's hope no one went off the rails!

    Enjoyed your comment (yes, I'm still travelling) about your HP laptop. I too use gadgets if they continue to work well, long after they have been superseded!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So ridiculous. If it's a public place and they're worried, why not fit a handrail? The notice itself won't stop anyone falling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:21 am

    I don't think it is a 'health & safety' matter, it is a legal one.
    Once there was a more caring state but, albeit from my perspective, I cannot see it is any more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup, stupid signs, but people have to cover their backs nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your comments, this is a private residence being used for a charity event, so the sign was there as Aileni says for legal reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know were this place is but sure would be nice to get some information as it looks like a place to explore, I love these old sites.
    Well shoot i just now read your post Duh! ok i am a bit slow this morning

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.